Capcom recently teased that a new Resident Evil game is coming and it’s currently called Project Resistance. While Capcom hasn’t officially announced it as its title, speculation is circulating as to what the next Resident Evil game will be.
Based on the teaser trailer that has been leaked, somehow fans have managed to snag still images from the trailer. It looks like the new Resident Evil game will be some kind of a co-op or multiplayer title. If that is the case, could it be that we will finally see a follow up to the Outbreak series that Capcom released for PS2?
Judging from the characters from the still images, it really signals that it will be a co-op game. We’ll have to find out on September 9 during Tokyo Game Show if Project Resistance will end up being the successor to Resident Evil Outbreak.
A quick look on Resident Evil: Outbreak’s overview back in early 2000:
- Race against the clock in this deadly survival-horror game as you search for traces of uninfected life
- Collect weapons and equipment for use against the zombies, and fight your way through them to stay alive
- Witness the chain of events that span from Resident Evil 1 to 3 — your character choices will enable scenarios from each
- Cooperative and 4-player multiplayer gameplay for terrifying gaming — you’ll never know what’s waiting for you in the darkness
- Advanced game mechanics and 3D graphics to emphasize the horror aspects and improve gameplay
Check back with us during the Tokyo Game Show week in a few weeks for more news.