Microsoft is pleased to reveal today that Gears 5 on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs will have its Versus Multiplayer Technical Test that starts on July 19 to 21, with its second session on July 26 to 29.
On July 19, the test will start at 10AM PT and ends on July 21. For the second session, it will start on July 26 at 10AM PT and ends on July 29. Fans can predownload the game starting July 17 at 10AM PT.
To gain access to the technical test, players must be susbcribed to Xbox Game Pass memberships or those who have pre-ordered the game will have access.
Here are the features that will be enabled in the Versus Multiplayer Technical Test:
- Escalation – Gears 5‘s updated competitive gametype.
- Arcade – A new and approachable multiplayer gametype.
- King of the Hill – A longtime fan favorite.
- Bootcamp – A new training mode for players new to Gears or those that want to practice their skills and learn new mechanics.
- Tour of Duty – A short series of challenges for players to earn content. Completing all of these challenges unlocks an exclusive Tech Test Banner. Players can also unlock three Versus Weapon Skins by completing some additional challenges.
For those who are playing on PC, below are the system requirements: