Two weeks following the launch of Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers expansion, Square Enix released today the much awaited Patch 5.01 that features the much awaited Eden Raid.
The new patch that is now available for download weighs in at 850MB. As soon as it gets downloaded, players can delve into the normal Eden Raid, with the Savage mode coming a few weeks later.
In addition to the Eden Raid, there has been changes that are implemented in the new patch such as balance fix on the following jobs: Lancer/Dragoon, Scholar and Astrologian.
For gamers who have finished the Main Scenario Quests, there are about six additional Chronicles of a New Era quests that are available in the new patch.
For more information on the new patch, check out the official Lodestone page.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Square Enix:
Take part in the next saga of the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online with the next legendary expansion pack – SHADOWBRINGERS! Explore breathtaking new environments, encounter exotic new races, master exciting new jobs, and fighting alongside prominent characters with the new Trust system as you embark on a new journey as the Warrior of Darkness! With over 14 million adventurers worldwide, join the next chapter and become what you must. Become the Warrior of Darkness!
- New jobs
- New playable race
- Level cap increase from 70 to 80
- Journey through expansive new areas
- New primals
- New beast tribes
- A plethora of new dungeons to explore
- Challenging new 8-player raids
- An exciting new series of alliance raids
- Tackle dungeons solo while fighting alongside prominent characters with the new Trust system
- Relive the adventures from your past with your current level and gear via the New Game+ system.
- The Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard – In the aftermath of the Dragonsong War, Disciples of the Hand and Land work together to rebuild Ishgard
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers is now available for PlayStation 4 and PC. Check back with us this week for our review of the game. Stay tuned.