THQ Nordic grabbed headlines when they confirmed a remake of Destroy All Humans! was on to be released and at E3 they have revealed the first gameplay footage of the new title.
Sitting down with Geoff Keighley the director of business and product development at THQ Nordic, Reinhard Pollice, went on YouTube’s E3 Live stream to show off some satisfying pre-alpha gameplay. It seems that the team is drawing plenty of inspiration for the remake, and it looks as if the game is off to a good start. Interestingly the team has decided to show off the pre-alpha gameplay and let fans get hands on at this year’s E3 event.
Here’s an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:
The cult-classic returns! Terrorize the people of 1950s Earth in the role of the evil alien Crypto-137. Harvest DNA and bring down the US government in the remake of the legendary alien invasion action adventure. Annihilate puny humans using an assortment of alien weaponry and psychic abilities. Reduce their cities to rubble with your flying Saucer! One giant step on mankind!
• Experience the evil side of a 50s alien invasion story.
• (Re)Discover why this game is considered one of the funniest ever created.
• Faithfully rebuilt from scratch in new galactic glory.
• Enjoy Crypto’s unique weaponry like the Anal Probe Gun.
• Pose as pathetic humans to infiltrate their fragile democracy.
• Use psychokinesis to send enemies flying or bombard them with random objects.
• Freely traverse explorable cities from 50s America using your jetpack.
• Obliterate humanity’s primitive architecture with your flying saucer.
• Includes the restored, much-rumored, never before seen: Lost Mission of Area 42!
Currently THQ Nordic has Destroy All Humans! slated as an early 2020 release. Stay up to date by coming back to Just Push Start throughout the E3 coverage.