As we are nearing the release of the Shadowbringers expansion for Final Fantasy XIV, Square Enix released today the last content patch prior to the release of the expansion that puts an end to the Stormblood story arc.
In addition, the new patch hosts a decent amount of new content such as the Yojimbo trial, more sidequests story for the Hildibrand series, new beast tribe quests, and a bunch of housing items. For full patch notes, click here.
On April 23, Square Enix will then release patch 4.57 that introduces the much anticipated world visit system. When it goes live in a few weeks, players will be able to travel to any world within their own data center to meet and play with friends. From the release of Patch 4.57 on April 23 until May 6, players on the NA data center will be able to transfer their character to another World on any data center for free. This is a great opportunity for lost-linked friends to reunite for the release of Shadowbringers expansion this July.
Here’s an overview of the Shadowbringers expansion:
Take part in the next saga of the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online with the next legendary expansion pack – SHADOWBRINGERS! Explore breathtaking new environments, encounter exotic new races, master exciting new jobs, and fighting alongside prominent characters with the new Trust system as you embark on a new journey as the Warrior of Darkness! With over 14 million adventurers worldwide, join the next chapter and become what you must. Become the Warrior of Darkness!
Requires Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn to play
Please note that the FINAL FANTASY® XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS expansion pack also includes FINAL FANTASY® XIV: HEAVENSWARD & FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD.
- New jobs
- New playable race
- Level cap increase from 70 to 80
- Journey through expansive new areas
- New primals
- New beast tribes
- A plethora of new dungeons to explore
- Challenging new 8-player raids
- An exciting new series of alliance raids
- Tackle dungeons solo while fighting alongside prominent characters with the new Trust system
- Relive the adventures from your past with your current level and gear via the New Game+ system.
- The Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard – In the aftermath of the Dragonsong War, Disciples of the Hand and Land work together to rebuild Ishgard