Sony Computer Entertainment announced recently that Driveclub, Driveclub VR, and Driveclub Bikes from the PlayStation 4 will be removed from the PlayStation Store listing on August 31, 2019 and will have its online service shut down on March 31, 2010.
The shutdown of the online servers is really not surprising as the developers who developed the three Driveclub games has been shut down by Sony.
In addition, Starblood Arena online servers will also shut down on July 25, 2019.
Full details is as follows, via Sony:
Driveclub, Driveclub VR, and Driveclub Bikes
Online servers for Driveclub, Driveclub VR, and Driveclub Bikes will shut down on March 31, 2020 at 23:59 BST. All online features (including online multiplayer modes) will cease on that date. You will still be able to play and enjoy these games in single player offline modes. However, the games have significant amounts of online gameplay, so from March 31, 2020, functionality will be affected in the following ways:
You will not be able to:
– Use your season pass online.
– Represent your Club online in multiplayer events or tours.
– Play online multiplayer and compete in challenges.
– Create your own events.
– Compete in leader boards, or share stats and player progress.
You will be able to:
– Use your season pass on all single player and offline modes.
– Continue to play all game (Driveclub, Driveclub VR, and Driveclub Bikes) and DLC single player functionality in offline mode.
– Earn trophies in single player / offline mode.
PlayStation will cease selling Driveclub, Driveclub VR, and Driveclub Bikes and all DLC and season passes related to those games from August 31, 2019 at 23:59 BST.
Multiplayer and all online features for StarBlood Arena will be terminated and will no longer be available on July 25, 2019. As you have to be online to play this title, this game will not be playable from that date.
Gamers who still want to play any of the three Driveclub games will still have until August of this year to purchase it. Play it now before Sony officially removes it!