Gold Orbs in Devil May Cry 5 is a resurrection orb. Whenever you die or run out of health, you will have an option on how you want to continue the game. If you have enough Red Orbs, you can use that – otherwise you will be using a Gold Orb to get you back in shape.
Right after you have finished the game and you are playing the Son of Sparda mode, expect to be using a lot of these Gold Orbs. In my playthrough under normal difficulty, I managed to have at least 25 Gold Orbs in total.
If you find yourself struggling with Gold Orbs, here are some tips on how to get Gold Orbs.
How to get Gold Orbs
- Simply Search the Map – If you simply just search every nook and cranny of the map in each mission, you will find yourself a Gold Orb. At least in every mission, there are about 2-3 Gold Orbs scattered throughout the map.
- Daily Log-In Bonus – Similar to other games where if you log in, you will get a reward, Devil May Cry 5 will have something similar. Fans who play the game everyday will get at least 1 Gold Orb.
- Perform Stylish Combos – If you perform good enough in combat, and have a decent or at least S Rank at the end of each mission, the next time you log in will get you 1 Gold Orb.
- End-Game Reward – Right after you finish the game and have unlocked Son of Sparda mode, you will also get 1 Gold Orb
- Buy it from the Shop – The easiest way to get a Gold Orb is buy them at the in-game shop using Red Orbs. Unfortunately, there is a limit as to how many you can buy.