Today’s new Madden NFL 19 update should be available now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. The update itself is just over 1GB in size. The full patch notes were posted via the official website and you can see the full details posted down below.
General Stability improvements
- Additional logging to track online desyncs
- DEV NOTE: While our internal tracking shows that online desyncs are occurring at a very low rate when looking across all online play, we realize that any desyncs impacting higher level online competitions have a big impact on play-experience. We’re continuing to work to drive down the rate, especially focusing on competitive formats and this tracking will help us identify the causes.
- Fumble risk added to ball carriers when using the spin move when hit in the back with a successful hit-stick tackle
- Addressed an exploit allowing users to avoid the Aggressive Pass Rush coach adjustment penalty by repeatedly shifting the defensive line back & forth in pre-play; defenders can now jump offsides while shifting
- Additional context added to match-up formula for catches in traffic; logic added for taking into account additional defenders who are within the proximity to either the receiver or the catch point.
- DEV NOTE: This change will reduce the effectiveness of Aggressive Catches in traffic by respecting the impact of nearby defenders relative to both the receiver and the catch point.
- Decreased the facing-angle threshold for the strafe animation added in a previous update to fix a manual Spy blitz exploit
- DEV NOTE: This change will make it less likely that a user will get into a strafe state when trying to cover a pass or pursue a ball carrier, but will still force the defender to strafe if trying to blitz the QB from a Spy or Zone coverage assignment
- Fixed an issue preventing touchdowns from always being awarded on fake punts and fake field goals when the snap receiver was the one who scored the touchdown
- DEV NOTE: This fix also fixes issues PS4 players have encountered in Skills Trainer regarding touchdowns not always being awarded correctly.
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes result in a player not being ruled down correctly when going to the ground after a catch in traffic
- DEV NOTE: While this will fix the most common occurrences of the bug, we have identified one edge case that is still possible to hit, but far more rare. We are continuing to work on a fix for that edge case and will have that resolved very soon as well.
- Made additional improvements to Cover 4 Quarters Trips logic in order to better defend certain pass route combinations.
- Addressed a press animation issue with the Curl Flat defender in Cover 3 which would occasionally lead to that defender not properly carrying out his pass coverage assignment