Current WWE Superstar and Women’s champion Ronda Rousey will be in Mortal Kombat 11. She will voice the character of Sonya Blade.
Ronda Rousey has been a lifelong fan of the Mortal Kombat series so playing Sonya Blade is a dream come true for her. Comments from Rousey and MK creator Ed Boon are posted below.
“I’ve been a lifelong Mortal Kombat fan, and Sonya Blade was the first kick-ass, female video game character that I related to,” said Ronda Rousey. “Now I get to voice her in Mortal Kombat 11. It’s a dream come true to be a part of the Mortal Kombat franchise that I grew up playing.
“We’re thrilled to showcase Mortal Kombat 11 and reveal the gameplay, new features and epic characters to the fans,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “We have an amazing community, and it’s an honor to share this celebration of the Mortal Kombat franchise with all of our passionate fans around the world.”
Ronda Rousey isn’t the only thing that was announced in Mortal Kombat 11 today. You can read a rundown of the game’s new features below as posted in the press release.
- UFC champion, Olympic medalist and WWE superstar, Ronda Rousey, was announced as the voice of Sonya Blade
- First Gameplay Reveal Trailer featuring an original music track created in collaboration with international DJ, Dimitri Vegas, titled “You’re Next.”
- Introduction to the Story Mode, teasing the all-new, time-bending narrative, featuring Kronika, the first female boss character in Mortal Kombat history, who is the Keeper of Time and creator of existence.
- Announced new fighter Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika, who is able to manipulate time, along with fan-favorite characters, including, Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero
- A montage of Mortal Kombat’s most iconic feature, Fatalities, showcasing the most gruesome, over-the-top Fatalities in Mortal Kombat history
- Exclusive Mortal Kombat 11-inspired Under Armour Anatomix Spawn basketball footwear showcased via six custom designs by top sneaker artist and MK Kollective ambassador, Mache.
- Pre-order Mortal Kombat 11 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One or Xbox One X to receive access to the beta, available March 28, 2019. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Kollector’s Edition revealed, which includes the main game, Kombat Pack, Scorpion mask bust, exclusive steel case, commemorative magnet coin and authenticity plate.
Mortal Kombat 11 will be released on April 23rd, 2019 for the PC, PS4 and Xbox One platforms.