The Naughty Dog Jobs Twitter page posted the vacancy earlier this week. The Twitter page announced: “Naughty Dog is seeking a Cinematic Lighting Artist (Temporary Assignment) for The Last of Us Part II!“.
This news of a job vacancy gives us an indication that work still needs to be done on The Last of Us 2. There’s still no release window for the game, but it’s expected to eventually be released for the PS4 console.
Anyway, you can read the official job description for the Cinematic Lighting Artist below. Info was posted on the official Naughty Dog website.
CINEMATIC LIGHTING ARTIST (TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
- Develop character and environment lighting schemes to create visually compelling and awesome looking cinematics
- Create compositing flows in Digital Fusion to deliver finished cut scenes
- Work with modelers, animators, texture and FX artists to optimize the visual look of the cinematic
- Works with level lighter to ensure integration with gameplay
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Proven industry experience in Film or Games generating final picture
- General competency in Autodesk Maya and knowledge of Global Illumination
- Proficiency utilizing a node based compositing package
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Thorough understanding of direct/indirect light, luminance/exposure and color-theory
- Some experience with generating light-maps, pre-lighting or baked lighting is desired
- HDR Tone mapping experience desired
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.