First, the much awaited Beta for Mortal Kombat 11 will be available on March 28. Those who pre-order the game on either PlayStation 4 or Xbox One will have access to the beta.
Since the game’s official release, many are excited to find out just who are the characters that will be appearing in the roster. Today, NetherReal Realm released the partial list and so far, here are the confirmed characters:
- Geras – A powerful and loyal servant of Kronika, who is able to manipulate time (New)
- Shao Kahn (pre-order bonus)
- Sonya Blade (voiced by Ronda Rousey)
As for the Kollector’s Edition, the following are the list of contents that will be included:
- A copy of the game
- Kombat Pack
- Scorpion mask bust
- Exclusive steel case
- Commemorative magnet coin
- Authenticity plate
Here’s an overview of the game, via NetherRealm:
Mortal Kombat 11 is the latest installment in the critically acclaimed franchise, providing a deeper and more personalized experience than ever before with an all new Custom Character Variation System that gives players the creative control to customize versions of the entire character roster. Developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat 11 will introduce a new cinematic story continuing the epic saga that is more than 25 years in the making.
- All-New Custom Character Variation System: Offers nearly infinite customization options, giving players more control and providing a deeper and more personalized experience than ever before. Players can customize their fighters with a variety of Skins, Gear, Special Abilities, Intro and Victory Cinemas, Taunts and Brutalities that can be earned via gameplay.
- All-New Story Mode: Continue the epic saga through a new cinematic story that is more than 25 years in the making. Players will take on the role of a variety of past and present characters in a time-bending new narrative that pits Raiden against Kronika, the Keeper of Time who created existence at the dawn of history.
- New & Returning Fan-Favorite Characters: Choose from a roster of fighters with unique abilities and Fatalities, with new characters, such as Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika who can manipulate time, along with fan favorite characters, including, Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero and more.
- More Modes, Challenges & Rewards: Packed to the brim with multiple modes, including the Towers of Time, which builds upon NetherRealms’s past games, allowing players to test their skills through various challenges, providing more ways than ever to continue the Mortal Kombat 11 experience.
- All-New Krushing Blows & Iconic Fatalities: Showcasing brutal battles like never before with enhanced graphics and animations.
- Pre-Order for Exclusive Content & Beta Access: Pre-order Mortal Kombat 11 on PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One or Xbox One X to receive access to the beta, available March 28, 2019. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn.
Mortal Kombat 11 will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch and PC on April 23. As we are all patiently waiting for the beta and its release date, check out the several trailers they have released.