The Xbox One version of Guacamelee 2 will feature both the “Three Enemigos” and “Proving Grounds” add-on packs that will be available at launch.
In addition, Guacamelee 2 on Xbox One is an Xbox Play Anywhere title, which means Xbox One players will be able to own and play it on their console and Windows 10 PCs. Luckily, it supports cross-saves.
Those who are interested in picking up the game can avail 20 percent discount by pre-ordering it today.
The following is an overview of the game via its listing on Steam:
Brawling has never been more beautiful! The long-awaited sequel to the smash hit action-platformer is here: Guacamelee! 2 brings luchador Juan Aguacate out of retirement for a stunning new Metroidvania-style adventure, where he must face his greatest challenge yet – one that threatens to tear apart the very fabric of the Mexiverse!
Explore a huge, hand-crafted world inspired by Mexican culture and folklore, filled with sassy new villains and weirdos (and a few old friends!). Learn a deep repertoire of bone-crunching wrestling moves to fend off the skeletal hordes and overcome skillful platforming challenges… and who said anything about a Chicken Illuminati? Certainly not us!
- An epic adventure spanning time and space, featuring drop-in 4-player local co-op for you and your best amigos!
- A brand new upgrade system: discover “trainers” around the world, defeat their challenges, and develop your skill sets for movement, combat, and more!
- A vibrant, colorful adventure that takes you from the Mangrove Swamp to Hell itself, featuring twice as many enemy types as the first game and a roster of eccentric new bosses!
- An absolutely fuego electro-Mexican soundtrack, and more gorgeous visuals than ever thanks to a fancy new rendering engine!
- Definitely no secret society of chickens that teaches you ancient chicken abilities previously lost to the ages!
Guacamelee 2 will be available on Xbox One on January 18. Other platforms like the Nintendo Switch, the game is already available.