In The Last Remnant Remastered, one of the new features is the improved visuals. This time around, the game uses Unreal Engine 4, and includes the additional elements added to the PC version, and adds a high-speed movement feature for when on the field.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Square Enix and an Amazon listing from the Xbox 360 version:
The world was at peace…or so it seemed. Who was to know such darkness lay in wait? The powers of the Remnants slowly began to change the world’s balance. A rift slowly formed between those who ruled and those who obeyed. This was the dawning of a new era — an era of countless frays that would be brought upon the world by those enslaved by their own lust for power. A thousand years later, the journey of one young man begins.
- The Last Remnant for the Xbox 360 is the first role-playing game in a new series from Square Enix
- Breathtaking visuals, a mysterious storyline, and a massive battlefield provide hours of exciting gameplay
- Battles are fought between multiple friendly and enemy unions — groups of up to five characters
- Commands change depending on the current battle situation or the distance and positions of friendly and hostile unions
- In Deadlock gameplay, the two unions must fight each other until one union has been completely destroyed
The Last Remnant was first released on the Xbox 360 but was later ported on the PC. Since its debut on the Xbox 360, the game never made its way to the PlayStation platform until now. For those who have not played The Last Remnant, definitely consider the remastered edition as it features improved visuals, trophies, and many more.
Check out the battle trailer below:
The Last Remnant Remastered will be available on December 6, 2018 worldwide for the PlayStation 4.