One of the highlights of the new version update is the new supported language, improved online multiplayer menus and so much more.
Here are the patch notes:
- New supported languages: French, Italian, Spanish, and German.
- Improved Online Multiplayer menus to get a more direct access to open games.
- In online multiplayer added the ability to play another stage with the same team without having to rematch.
- Improved loading times.
- Additional languages now supported: French, Italian, Spanish, German.
- The Weekly Stage is now open from Tuesday to Sunday every week.
- The Mana, Ice and Missile tower are now slightly more efficient.
- Other bug fixes.
For those who are new to the game, here’s an overview of the game via a listing on Steam:
ABOUT THIS GAME
The spirit of the forest, Tikiman, is in trouble.
An army of mysterious monsters has invaded his peaceful forest!
Repel the fire and fury of your assaulting foes!
Build towers within the woods and level them up to vanquish the invaders!
Protect the Chibis, the future of the Tiki tribe!
- Protect the Chibis!
Evil monsters have invaded the peaceful Tiki forest!
Protect the 20 Chibis back home at all costs!
- Waves? Like Surfing?
Monsters attack in several groups at a time, like intermittent waves.
The number of “waves” may differ depending on the stage selected.
- Fire Away!
Use magic to transform the trees around you into towers that attack the monsters.
These towers cost hard-earned coins and gems to build.
It seems that even magic requires money to use…
- Unlock Stages
Oh! Looks like new numbered plates appear near altars when you successfully protect the Chibis within each stage!
1… 2… 3… And they seem to appear in order, huh.
- Rainbow Fragments
If you protect all your Chibis, you get special rainbow fragments as a reward.
Collect them all to visit Tiki houses in other areas!
PixelJunk Monsters 2 is available now for PS4, Switch, and PC.