It’s been over a decade since the last Lemmings game was released on PlayStation 3, PSP and PlayStation 2. For those who missed out, you now have the opportunity as the game is now free-to-play on both iOS and Android devices.
Here’s an overview of the game via SIE:
The only official Lemmings game! Lemmings is back and bigger than ever!
The classic 90s puzzle game, re-imagined for the best experience on your mobile device!
Embark on an epic journey through the wonders of the universe, rescuing cute, lovable Lemmings by guiding them through levels filled with hazards and traps.
Set your Lemmings to work, transforming each planet you visit from a hostile environment to a fun-filled utopia where your Lemmings can let their hair down and party!
- Simple, one touch controls mean you can save Lemmings any time, anywhere!
- Thousands of levels filled with puzzles, traps and hazards!
- Voyage through the universe, building planets for your Lemmings to party on!
- Discover and collect unique tribes of Lemmings. You’ll never know who you’ll find next!
- Compete against players across the globe in tournaments for huge prizes!
A network connection is required.
A few excerpts from the official post via the PlayStation Blog:
Wanted: A new home
As our story begins, our cuddly friends find themselves homeless as a result of an environmental catastrophe. No, this time it’s not our fault.
The Lemmings take to the stars, exploring the universe to find a nice, cozy corner somewhere where they can put their feet up, kick back, have a cup of tea and wait for everything to blow over.