Wired Productions and developer Caged Element released today an outline of the roadmap of upcoming content and support for GRIP: Combat Racing.
Following the successful launch of GRIP: Combat Racing on PS4, Xbox One, and Switch, the timeline unveiled today showcases a variety off upcoming developments, from game balancing enhancements through all new tracks and modes, all engineered to ensure GRIP: Combat Racing remains a competitive and engaging experience.
Here’s the road map:
DECEMBER: TRACK FIXES (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch)
- Fixed invisible walls appearing on level Rust
- Fixed hole in second tunnel on track LIT.
- Fixed crashes for private online tournaments for the client
JANUARY: BIG ASS UPDATE (All formats)
- Major updates to AI behaviour
- Achievement Value Tweaks
- Leaderboard Improvements
- UI improvements
- Fixed issues with some controller bindings
- Improvements to the game’s rival system in campaign
- Improved vehicle handling
- Difficulty level and engine power no longer voteable in multiplayer
- Turrets Disabled on Easy
- Improved Audio Effects
- And much more!
FEBRUARY: TEAM MODES AND NEW TRACKS (All Formats)
- You’ve asked for it! Team Modes are coming! Hit the arena or track with your crew and battle it out on the leaderboards!
MARCH: NEW CAR PACKS (All Formats)
- Three new cars are currently in design, along with something special racers from the 90’s will enjoy!
In addition to the road map, the developer said that GRIP: Combat Racing will fully enter the competitive sphere with a new race series.
“GRIP has already traveled light-years from its roots in early access and we’re delighted to continue that journey,” said Chris Mallinson, Game Director at Caged Element. “From creating the ultimate Rollcage-inspired experience fans had been waiting for, we now move forward into a new phase, shaping the game for the future – we have so many exciting ideas we can’t wait to share with you all. This is just the start.”
GRIP: Combat Racing is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch for $39.99. Also, GRIP: Combat Racing is available through the Xbox Game Pass subscription service.