Frozenbyte is pleased to announce today that Trine: Enchanted Edition is available now for the Nintendo Switch via the eShop for $14.99.
In addition, Frozenbyte also announced that both Trine 2: Complete Story and Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power will be out soon after. The three Trine games are all ported by BlitWorks.
Trine: Enchanted Edition for Switch is the port of the previous iteration of the game on other platforms. Switch owners can look forward to in playing the game both handheld or docked mode. When played on docked mode, players can enjoy 30fps at 1080p resolution whereas the handheld mode offers 720p at 30fps as well.
In terms of new content, the Switch version of Trine doesn’t offer anything new. It still offers however that fun online multiplayer and local co-op that many enjoyed when the game was released several years ago.
Here’s an overview of the game via Frozen Byte:
Trine Enchanted Edition is the origin story for the three unlikely heroes of Trine—Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief.
Spellbound by the magical object Trine, the heroes must join forces to overcome obstacles and puzzles in a fully interactive physics-based world, battle the undead and their minions, and restore balance to the kingdom!
- Action and platforming in a fantasy fairytale world, featuring 15 breathtaking levels full of dangerous enemies, hazards, and physics-based puzzles.
- Origin story for the 3 heroes – Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief, each with their own skills and unique abilities.
- Solve challenges and puzzles in many different ways by combining the characters’ abilities, and come up with creative solutions never seen before!
- Online and local co-op multiplayer for up to three players.
- Price: $14.99 / €14.99 / £13.49.
- 1080p / 30fps docked, 720p/ 30fps handheld mode.
- One to three players, local co-op, online co-op and local wireless co-op supported.
Trine: Enchanted Edition is available now for Switch for $19.99.