Microsoft held its big X018 event in Mexico City over the weekend and lots of new announcements were revealed. We got big news for future Game Pass video games, DLC, and brand new trailers for some of 2019’s biggest video games and more.
Game Pass got a lot of coverage as 16 new games will be coming to the service from now until 2019. The games coming to the platform are a mix of popular games and hidden indie gems. You can read the full list of games posted down below.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
- Void Bastards
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Thief of Thieves: Season One
- Kingdom: Two Crowns
- Supermarket Shriek
- Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
- Pathologic 2
- Secret Neighbor
- The Good Life
- Agents of Mayhem
- Thomas Was Alone
The biggest game announced is probably PUBG. The game came out last year on the Xbox One platform and now more people have a chance to play the game via Game Pass.
Another big announcement is the fact that Square Enix is releasing loads of Final Fantasy video games that are coming to the Xbox One platforms. We already announced that Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and LIGHTNING RETURNS: Final Fantasy XIII are becoming backwards compatible. Microsoft also announced the Xbox One will see releases of Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age next year!
Xbox One will also be happy to know that keyboard and mouse support will be available from next week. The biggest game to have this feature if Fortnite. Don’t worry controller players, keyboard and mouse players will be segregated in order to keep things fair. It was also announced that the Xbox Adaptive Controller will launch in more markets worldwide very soon too.
Several new trailers were also released at X018. We got to see Winnie the Pooh in Kingdom Hearts 3 plus two new fighters getting added to Jump Force. It was also revealed at the event some new gameplay footage for Capcom’s Devil May Cry 5. You can see all of the new trailers posted below.
Xbox One DLC
Microsoft also announced lots of DLC will be released in the near future for lots of games that have already been announced. You can check out all of the details below as given out in a press release.
- Revealed Crackdown 3’s Wrecking Zone multiplayer mode
- Debuted the first new expansion for Forza Horizon 4 called Fortune Island
- Announced that the Minecraft Marketplace has reached 77 partners who have driven more than 13 million purchase since it launched last June
- Debuted a new free content update for Sea of Thieves called ‘The Arena.’
- Revealed the Zedhunter content pack for State of Decay 2
- Premiered Void Bastards, a new console launch exclusive title for Xbox One
If you missed all of the biggest announcements from X018, you can also just check out the entire event for yourself. The video below includes the entire two hour presentation!