Major Nelson announced today that three new classic Xbox 360 games; Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Sonic Unleashed, and Aliens vs. Predator are now backwards compatible on Xbox One.
From the three games that are now playable on Xbox One, my must-have game to play or download on my Xbox One X is the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. For those who have missed it way back on Xbox 360, it’s definitely a great action RPG that is lengthy and has great gameplay.
Here’s an overview of the three games:
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Xbox Games Store)
The minds of New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston have combined to create Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, a new role-playing game set in a world worth saving. Build the character you’ve always wanted and continuously evolve it to your style of play with the revolutionary Destiny system. Choose your path and battle through a master-crafted universe featuring some of the most intense, responsive, and customizable RPG combat ever.
The Games on Demand version supports English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
Sonic Unleashed (Xbox Games Store)
- Sonic’s World Transformed: Sonic maintains his high-speed abilities during the day, but at night he is transformed into a mysterious dark form with incredible never-before-seen abilities including 3D-action brawling and amazing agility.
- Tight Navigation and Speed Control: Players accelerate to super speed with ‘Sonic Boost’ by collecting rings to increase Sonic’s ‘Ring Energy.’
- Powerful New Engine and Cinematic Graphics: With its new proprietary “Hedgehog Engine,” Sonic Unleashed enhances the classic 2D perspective with mind-blowing 3D stages.
- Enhanced and Expanded Environments: Many unique and fascinating continents offer the player an opportunity to save the world in a dynamic, high-speed experience.
- Sonic the Hedgehog returns in this platform for Xbox 360 with 2D and 3D elements
- Different style of gameplay depending on whether it is day or night
- Nine beautiful levels based on real-life locations
- Sonic changes from a Hedgehog to a Werehog
- Classic elements including loops and corkscrews
Aliens vs. Predator (Xbox Games Store)
- As the Marine, you’ll experience a claustrophobic and terrifying experience where light is your friend, but there’s never enough; however, the United States Marine Corps are humanity’s last line of defense, and as such they are armed to the teeth with the very latest in high explosive and automatic weaponry
- As the Predator, you will stalk from the shadows and from above, passing athletically through the treetops to ambush your victims; although equipped with an array of powerful, exotic weapons and tracking equipment, honor ultimately dictates that you must get in close and take your trophies face to face
- As the most deadly species in the universe, the Alien offers you the chance to play as the very stuff of nightmares, the monster in the dark swarming forward with countless others, jaws like a steel trap and claws like blades
- Play all sides off against each other in a series of unique 3-way online modes and go tooth-to-claw-to-pulse rifle in the reinvention of one of multiplayer gaming’s defining moments