Exclusively available in Japan and Asia, the critically acclaimed Dissidia Final Fantasy NT now offers a free edition for the PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store.
According to the listing over at the PlayStation Store in Hong Kong, the free edition of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT will allow players to play the part of the game for free. Also, players can play online and offline battles with up to four characters.
Here’s an overview of what is included in the free edition via the listing at the PlayStation Store:
- In Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition, you can play part of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT for free.
- You can play online and offline battles with four characters, who change weekly. (Some game aspects differ from the full version.)
- Story mode is not available.
- You must be a PlayStation Plus member to play online multiplayer mode.
- Free characters will be switched out after a fixed time.
- If you purchase a character’s starter pack, you can use them at any time, regardless of the current roster of free characters. (Even if you purchase a character, they will still be included in the lineup of weekly free characters.)
- There are two types of characters: the 28 from the full version, who appear in the weekly lineup for the Free Edition, and DLC characters, who won’t appear in the weekly lineup. Please be aware of this when purchasing starter packs.
- You can battle online against users from the full version.
- You can carry over your Free Edition save data to the full version.
The Free Edition of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT is currently available in Asia and Japan. There’s currently no word yet if Square Enix will bring the free Edition to the western countries but English trophies have been spotted on Exophase.
Check out the trailer below:
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT is available now for the PlayStation 4. For our thoughts about the game, check out our review.