Following the success of Stardew Valley on consoles and Nintendo Switch, developer ConcernedApe announced today its plan to bring the game to mobile devices on iOS this October 24 and Android at a later time.
The mobile version of Stardew Valley is ported by the London-based studio, The Secret Police. It will feature the full game and plays almost identically to other versions, with its touch-based gameplay, new menu systems, and controls. It will include the single-player content of the version 1.3 update, such as the Night Market.
Players who are playing on PC will be able to transfer their save data to the iOS version via iTunes.
Here is an overview of the game:
Move to the countryside, and cultivate a new life in this award-wining open-ended farming RPG! Featuring over 50-plus hours of content
Winner of the Golden Joystick’s Breakthrough Award!
Nominee of Game of the Year 2017 at the BAFTA Games Awards!
- Turn your overgrown fields into a lively and bountiful farm.
- Raise and breed happy animals, grow a variety of seasonal crops and design your farm, your way.
- Customize your farmer and home! With hundreds of options to choose from.
- Settle down and start a family with 12 potential marriage candidates.
- Become part of the community by taking part in seasonal festivals and villager quests.
- Explore vast, mysterious caves, encountering dangerous monsters and valuable treasure.
- Spend a relaxing afternoon at one of the local fishing spots or go crabbing by the seaside.
- Forage, grow crops and produce artisan goods to cook up as a delicious meal.
Note: Features new 1.3 update story content, multiplayer functionality not supported. No in-app purchases.
If you are still in the minority that hasen’t purchased the game, definitely consider the mobile version.
Stardew Valley is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC and Nintendo Switch. The mobile version is expected to be released on October 24 for the iOS and Android at a later date.
Check out the trailer below: