The Pokemon Company and Nintendo announced today that fans who will be purchasing Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee! will be able to challenge ‘Master Trainer’.
As soon as you become the Pokemon League Champion in the Kanto region, the game doesn’t simply end there. Players will have an opportunity to roam across the Kanto Region once again and find the Master Trainers who are dedicated to training a particular species of Pokemon. Accordingly, there is a Master Trainer for every Pokemon species in the Kanto region.
On your quest to hunt these Master Trainers, you will see an image of each of their favorite Pokemon displayed above their head. Battling a Master trainer will put your skills and strength into a real test since items cannot be used in battle.
Players who emerges victorious from the battle can leave with that Master Trainer’s title. These titles can be used when playing Link Battles where other players can see them.
Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! will be available exclusively for Nintendo Switch on November 16. As always check back with us near the release date for our coverage and review.
Check out the trailer below:
New to Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu and Let’s Go, Eevee? Here’s an overview of the game via Nintendo:
Use a throwing motion to catch Pokémon in the wild with either one Joy-Con™ controller or Poké Ball™ Plus accessory, which will light up, vibrate, and make sounds to bring your adventure to life. Share your adventure with family or friends in 2-player action using a second Joy-Con or Poké Ball Plus (sold separately). You can even connect to the Pokémon™ GO app* using a compatible smartphone to bring over Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region!
Explore the diverse and vibrant region of Kanto! True-to-size wild Pokémon roam around in the game, so catch them like a real Pokémon Trainer by using motion, timing, and a well-placed Poké Ball™. Go on a stroll with your favorite Pokémon in your Poké Ball Plus! Connect your game directly to Pokémon GO* to receive Kanto region Pokémon.
- Become a top Pokémon Trainer on an adventure with Pikachu!
- Encounter Pokémon™ in the Kanto region
- Play the entire game with a single Joy-Con™ controller or use the Poké Ball™ Plus accessory, which will light up, vibrate, and make sounds to bring your adventure to life
- Take your Pokémon for a stroll in your Poké Ball™ Plus
- Play a Pokémon adventure together cooperatively anytime, anywhere on one system by using another Joy-Con™ controller or Poké Ball™ Plus accessory (sold separately) to catch and battle alongside another player!
- Use Poké Ball™ Plus to connect with the Pokémon™ GO* app on compatible smartphones to catch Kanto region Pokémon
- Connect Poké Ball™ Plus to the Pokémon™ GO* app to catch Pokémon in the real world and gather items from Poké Stops without viewing your smartphone screen—meanwhile, carry Pokémon from Pokémon™: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon™: Let’s Go, Eevee!