It will soon be five years since the release of the Xbox One and PS4 consoles back in November 2013. Now Infinity Ward seems to be looking towards the future in a recent job listing it has listed over on LinkedIn.
Infinity Ward is currently looking for an ‘Associate Game Designer’ to work on an “unannounced next gen title.” The game will be a first-person shooter meaning it could be the first next-gen Call of Duty title. Nothing has been confirmed yet, but chances are is that this game could be Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4.
Anyway, you can read the full job description posted down below. The game could be released in late 2019 since the last Infinity Ward title was Infinite Warfare which came out in late 2016. Usually Call of Duty games have a three year development time.
“Come work with the game industry’s brightest on an exciting, unannounced next gen title. In this hands-on role, you’ll collaborate with experienced Designers on creating and implementing new game features.”
- A strong interest and passion for First Person Shooter (FPS) games
- Recent graduate with a focus in Game Design and/or Computer Science or senior status in an undergraduate or graduate degree program
- The ability to dissect and discuss level design in recent games
- A broad understanding of both multiplayer and single player game design
- Prior internship or game development experience a plus
- Familiarity with game editor tools such as Radiant, Unreal, Unity or Crytek Editors a plus
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Lua, or similar scripting language
- Self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Samples of your work: design documentation, screenshots, and/or playable samples of your best work
Well we won’t see the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Two anytime soon, new consoles are expected to be out in the next few years or so.