The update version number 1.07 is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. The patch notes were announced over on the official Codemasters blog website. You can read the full details of the patch notes posted in the announcement below.
“Hey, patch 1.07 is now available on Steam, Xbox One and PS4, and you can find the patch notes below. Please note that we will be resetting the leaderboards with this update. PC will be reset shortly, Xbox One will update when the patch goes live and PS4 will be reset in the early hours of Thursday 20th September. If you already have a save in v1.07 prior to the leaderboard wipe then you just need to re-enter the respective Time Trial session and the game will re-upload your personal best time from v1.07 to the new leaderboards.”
- Fixed an issue where players leaving and rejoining in a large player session causes frame rate drops
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to set fastest lap in Time Trial by driving a shorter route off circuit and not returning to the track
- Modern car lap times should no longer upload to Classic era leaderboards
- Fixed a crash for some users loading into a career race session
- Fixed a framerate drop on the France when players drive off track
- Players with an ‘S’ Safety Rating should no longer be put into lobbies with ‘D’ rank players
- Fixed an issue where there was no engine audio when beginning MP race from Car setup screen
- Engine audio no longer gets stuck in 1st gear when exiting pits
- Various updates to the UDP telemetry output
- Various stability and performance fixes
- Various other bug fixes
As always, let Codemasters know how the new update for F1 2018 performs. The more feedback that is given to them, the more they will be able to improve the game’s performance in the near future.