2K Sports has officially announced NBA 2K19 today and we finally know the release date for the game. We also get details that LeBron James will be this year’s cover athlete.
The reason LeBron James is on the cover this year is to celebrate the NBA 2K’s 20th anniversary. Fans will also be able to buy a special 20th Anniversary edition of NBA 2K19 this year.
“It’s humbling to be on the 20th anniversary cover of a game I’ve played and loved since I was a little kid,” said James. “We were able to do something really unique for the cover that represents everything that drives me and inspires me – from my family to where I come from and words I live by. I’m honored my journey can be part of this special time in 2K history and I’m excited for fans to see it.”
The 20th Anniversary Edition also includes the following digital and physical items:
- 100,000 Virtual Currency;
- 50,000 MyTEAM points;
- 20 MyTEAM League Packs (delivered one a week)
- Sapphire LeBron James MyTEAM Card;
- 10 MyTEAM Heat Check Packs (delivered one a week beginning at the start of the NBA season)
- 5 LeBron-themed murals for MyCOURT;
- LeBron MyCOURT design;
- King’s Collection – Nike LeBron apparel & footwear (25 pairs!)
Physical Items include:
- LeBron NBA 2K19 poster;
- NBA 2K sticker sheet;
- Custom Wristband featuring LeBron’s chosen words.
The 20th Anniversary edition of NBA 2K19 will be available on September 7th, 2018. As for the standard edition of the game, that will be available on September 11th, 2018. The game will be available on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
Before the game comes out though, you can download the “Prelude” demo out on August 31st, 2018. This demo will only be out for PS4 and Xbox One.