Sega will be releasing a new kart racing game later this year starring all of your favorite characters from the popular Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. Fans will be happy to know the game will be entering the race track this Winter season.
Sega is publishing Team Sonic Racing with the game being developed by the talented folks over at Sumo Digital. Much like the previous games in the franchise, it will feature customization as well as fun arcade style racing.
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customisation – Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Types – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power.
Team Sonic Racing will be released this Winter for the PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch platforms. You can check out the first trailer for the game posted below.