Mojang has recently released a new snapshot, an early testing version, of Minecraft; affectionately known as 18W11A.
This snapshot is for the Java Edition of Minecraft and is the last the team has planned before GDC 2018, but thankfully it still contains a few goodies for players to check out. As well as the standard bug fixes, added into the game are shipwrecks, a new hostile mob (The Drowned), coral fans and the ability to copy your location to clipboard.
Here’s what Mojang had to say about the new mob:
• They’re called “drowned” for a reason!
• Spawn in all oceans! And rivers too!
• Zombies will also become drowned after, well, drowning
• Drowned can spawn with tridents, allowing you to get them in survival
• Their loot isn’t final – there’s a super secret item coming soon
• They can swim but they prefer to walk
• All drowned have a melee attack, and ones with tridents have a ranged attack
• Like zombies, drowned don’t really like turtles that much