Square Enix is due to release something called Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition later this year. This is like a ‘Game of the Year’ edition of the game featuring way more content than when it first released back in late 2016.
Square Enix revealed all of the details about Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition via its official website. This version of the game will be released on PS4 and Xbox One worldwide on March 6th, 2018. Full official details have been posted down below.
- An all-new dungeon – Insomnia City Ruins: Expanded Map
- New features such as first person mode, new gear, and new bosses.
- All season pass content – Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis.
- Armiger Unleashed – after you collect all 13 royal arms, a more action-oriented mode of the Armiger is unlocked
- Royal Vessel – the boat from FFXV is now a controllable vehicle. The same body of water (between Cape Caem and Altissia) can now be freely explored.
- Over a dozen pieces of DLC, including weapons, Regalia car skins, and item sets.
- The critically acclaimed game – FINAL FANTASY XV
Back in 2016, we here at JPS named Final Fantasy XV as our favorite RPG of the year. If you missed out playing the game before, this re-release is the version to get because it comes with way more features plus all of the previously released DLC.
As of right now, the Royal Edition has only been announced for PS4 and Xbox One. The PC Steam version might still be just the vanilla edition of the game.
Anyway, you can check out more footage from this re-release in the trailer embedded down below. Do you plan on buying the game for a second time if you want to play all of the new stuff?