The Star Wars Battlefront 2 beta occurred a few days ago and many people were angry over its loot boxes and pay-to-win model. EA has now addressed this issues via a new post.
Loot boxes have been invading AAA video games lately and gamers hate the gambling system associated with it. EA has written down how things will work in Star Wars Battlefront 2. You can see what they said down below.
- There are many things you can earn in the game, including weapons, attachments, credits, Star Cards, Emotes, Outfits and Victory Poses.
- As a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements.
- Crates will include a mix of of Star Cards, Outfits, Emotes or Victory Poses.
- Players earn crates by completing challenges and other gameplay milestones, or by purchasing them with in-game credits or Crystals, our premium currency.
- If you get a duplicate Star Card in a crate, you will get crafting parts which you can then use to help upgrade the Star Card of your choice.
- And lastly, you have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock most Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game.
The progression outlined here is a little better than what was expected in the beta, but it’s not perfect. Hopefully EA will continue to listen to fan feedback once the game comes out this November.