Some PC gamers were shocked to know that they were banned from Destiny 2. Well Bungie has written up an explanation about the current situation so far.
Most of the bans were for security reasons. Bungie felt some players were misusing things that ruined the ecosystem of the game on PC. You can see their explanations down below.
- Destiny 2 cannot automatically ban you, only Bungie can ban a player after a manual investigation
- Yesterday, we banned approximately 400 players on PC
- Bans were applied to players who were using tools that pose a threat to the shared ecosystem of the game
- We did not (and will not) issue any bans for the use of overlays or performance tools, including Discord, Xsplit, OBS, RTSS, etc.
- Information on using third-party applications can be found here: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46101
- We are overturning 4 of the bans that were issued during the PC Beta
If you still feel unsure about getting banned, it’s best to contact both Activision and/or Bungie for further clarification.