Similar to previous games, Pokemon Sun and Moon has a number of weird and tricky evolution requirements. To help you on your adventure, we compiled a list of them all below.
Special Evolution Requirements
- Charjabug will only evolve into Vikavolt if you’re at or above level 20 and level in Vast Poni Canyon.
- Only female Salandit’s evolve into Salazzle.
- Tasreena will evolve into Steenee when it learns the skill Stomp.
- Fomantis and Yungoos will only evolve if they level during the day.
- Crabwaler becomes Crabominable when you gain a level in the Mount Lanakila area.
- Type: Null, Pichu and Meowth evolve by raising their happiness.
- Cubone and Rattata only evolve at night.
Since Eevee has so many different forms, we wanted to create a special section to avoid confusion.
- Jolteon: Thunder Stone
- Vaporeon: Water Stone
- Flareon: Fire Stone
- Espeon: Happiness level
- Umbreon: Level at night
- Sylveon: Give Eevee a fairy move (Baby-Doll Eyes or Charm) and raise its happiness.
- Leafeon: Go to the Lush Jungle with Eevee in your party and interact with the moss covered rock. After this, defeat enemies until Eevee evolves.
- Glaceon: Go to the Pokemon League and interact with the ice covered rock. After this, defeat enemies until Eevee evolves.