Overwatch’s latest patch, version 1.5, has just landed bringing in a new hero, modes and an icy map.
Sombra is the new offense hero which has been added to the game. Currently you will struggle to find a competitive game without her being played. “But what can she do?” I hear you say.
• Armed with a machine pistol she can certain do a lot of damage, think Tracer’s pistols but with more bullets.
• Sombra can also briefly turn invisible, allowing her to move not only undetected but with a movement speed increase.
• Her grenade is in fact a teleportation device, which she can teleport to, in Blizzard’s words, “even when it’s in flight”.
• Hacking is also in Sombra’s arsenal, stopping enemies using their abilities and for short period making health pack spawns useless to the enemy team or even disabling Torbjorn’s turret for a short period of time.
• Sombra’s ultimate, EMP, destroys enemy shields and barriers as well as hacking enemies, stopping their abilities being used, within a large radius.
The update also brings in brand new ways to play Overwatch, via a feature called Arcade. A range of modes which add variety to the title will be playable in the Arcade. These include, but are not limited to, 1-on-1 duels and matches with special rule sets such as “no hero switching”. Unlike Brawl mode players will be able to earn Arcade-specific rewards.
Bundled into the update is a brand new map, with a chilled vibe, Antarctica. In fiction, Antarctica is the location of the former Overwatch installation where climatologist Mei-Ling Zhou was once stationed. The map is on the small side and will be played in Arcade on modes such as 3 vs 3 and and 1-on-1 duels.
Finally a heads up to all Overwatch players, the current competitive season will end on November 23rd 4PM PDT, so make sure your rank is as high as possible before then.