One of the new features of Skyrim is the ability to marry someone of whoever you meet in the game. It doesn’t matter if it’s a Khajit, a Nord, a male or a female. As long as you have the Amulet of Mara, you’re ready!
If you’re one of those achievement and trophy hunters, you would like to find someone to marry as an achievement will be unlocked once you’re married.
Now, the big question is, what are the requirements should you have to have in your wedding?
– You must form a bond to someone
– Having a House would be ideal
– Go to Riften and find Maramal in either at the Bee and the Barb Inn or the Temple of Mara.
– Talk to him and pay 200 Gold for the Amulet of Mara
– Find that someone you would like to marry but before you talk to him/her, wear the Amulet of Mara
– Once your soon-to-be spouse agrees to form a bond with you, go back to Maramal in the Temple of Mara and ask for the wedding ceremony to happen.
– Maramal will ask you to come back at Dawn for your Wedding Ceremony to happen. Don’t be late!
– Congratulations you’re married!
Why get Married?
There are benefits as to why you would like to get married. If you have a house, you can ask your spouse to live with you.
– Now that your spouse is living with you, you can ask her/him to cook for you. Sometimes, there will be a gift waiting for you.
– If your spouse is your companion, you can ask her to carry some of your equipment and direct her to either defend you or attack your enemies.
– Always visit your spouse as there’s a chance they’ll leave you.