After months of speculation, Square Enix has now formally announced Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age for PlayStation 4.
The Zodiac Age is the HD remaster of the critically acclaimed Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System system. One of the main differences is that the Zodiac Age reconstructs the game design and does further improvements to the game.
Here are some of the game’s new features:
- High-resolution upgrades for backgrounds, character models, and all 2D parts including fonts
- High-resolution upgrades for movie scenes
- Introduction of current generation visual expression
- 7.1ch surround support
- High-quality voice support
- English and Japanese voices (switch between them in the game configuration)
- Original and newly re-recorded BGMs (switch between them in the game configuration)
- Shorter load times
- Auto-save functionality added
- Improved high-speed mode and improved play time operability during high-speed mode
Check out the teaser trailer below: