Mojang has just made a Minecraft 1.9.1 pre-release available for download, only a week and a half after the release of 1.9.
While the main addition of 1.9.1 is adding Elytra sound effects into the game, the pre-release update comes with a range of bug fixes and improvements. The team has announced that the update will be released officially, with it currently available in the same way a Minecraft Snapshot are, “in two weeks” after they have returned from GDC; as this will also give time for the changes to be fully tested.
Below is the full list of “notable changes” as confirmed by Mojang:
• Added Elytra sound effects
• Improved AI
• Improved entity selectors
• Tweaked cooldown mechanics to be less confusing
• Applied paper patch 0078
• Loot tables now also work in dispensers and droppers
• Hoppers can now pull items out of blocked chests
• Increased limit for “executed command blocks per tick”