The next time you play Halo 5, a humongous 6GB update will be available for download.
The new update includes the following new features and content:
- Added 48 new REQs, including new armors, helmets, weapon skins, weapon and vehicle variants, a new visor and assassination, and new emblems. See below for a breakdown of what’s included.
- Added Big Team Battle playlist to Arena matchmaking
- Added BTB (Big Team Battle) Capture the Flag, Strongholds, and Slayer to matchmaking and custom games. The mode details are as follows:
For all BTB game types, the Motion Tracker is the same size as Warzone at 25m (larger than the Arena Motion Tracker), and match length is 16 minutes.
- BTB CTF – Score to win: 3 Captures
- BTB Strongholds – Score to win: 150 points
- BTB Slayer – Score to win: 100 points
Added 4 new BTB maps, also available in both matchmaking and custom games:
- Basin by the 343 Multiplayer team
- Deadlock by Nokyard & the 343 Multiplayer Team
- Guillotine by The Psycho Duck & the 343 Multiplayer Team
- Recurve by The Fated Fire & the 343 Multiplayer Team
- Fixed an aiming issue that could occur due to variance in controller hardware. Head here (Halo 5 Aiming & Controllers) for more details.
- Made a variety of tuning tweaks to Warzone Assault, including the below. Head here (Warzone Assault Tuning Changes) for more details.
- Faster REQ leveling
- Decreased base capture time from 20 seconds to 16 seconds
- Reduced starting grenade count to 1
- Disabled Friendly Fire in SWAT
- Increased respawn time from 1 second to 3 seconds in SWAT
- Added the “deliver” nav point for vehicle drivers who have a friendly flag carrier as a passenger.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to use the driver and gunner seats while holding the flag. Now, the flag carrier can only sit in the passenger seat.
- Improved Post-Game-Carnage-Report consistency.
Below are the bunch of REQs that are now available with the release of the new update.