Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster is due out early 2016. Similar to Resident Evil HD Remaster that was released earlier this year, Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster will feature improved graphics, trophies, and a remastered soundtrack.
Resident Evil 0, a remastered version of the popular prequel to the original Resident Evil game, is coming to PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC in early 2016. This remastered version takes the fear-inducing atmosphere from the original 2002 release and transforms it with stunning new HD visuals, improved sound, widescreen support and an optional modernized control system and more. Both series fans and newcomers alike can experience the story of what really happened before the iconic mansion incident that was the catalyst for the entire Resident Evil saga.
The story of Resident Evil 0 takes players back to 1998. Reports have been mounting about unusual murders on the outskirts of Raccoon City. The city’s Special Forces division, S.T.A.R.S., sends their Bravo Team – including rookie cop member Rebecca Chambers – to investigate. On route, the team’s helicopter suffers engine trouble and is forced to make a crash landing, where they find an overturned prisoner transport vehicle. Splitting up to search the area, Rebecca discovers the Ecliptic Express, a train stopped dead on the tracks. Inside, she meets death row convict and ex-Navy lieutenant Billy Coen. Throughout the game, players will take control of both Rebecca and Billy, at times switching between both characters in order to proceed. Learning the advantages of each character is the key to solving puzzles and surviving the nightmares that lie ahead.
- Return to the series origins – Discover the truth behind what led to the horrors at the Mansion in Resident Evil in this fan-favorite and popular prequel title to the series.
- Completely enhanced visuals – New high-resolution textures have been created from scratch, including 1080p support on next-gen consoles, while still preserving the classic appearance of the original release.
- Fully remastered sound effects – 5.1 surround support provides a more experiential gaming atmosphere that best matches players’ listening environments.
- Relive the classic horror in either its original settings or modified to modern-day standards:
- Experience the horror in the classic 4:3 ratio or newly added 16:9 widescreen mode.
- Play with the classic control scheme, or enjoy a new alternative scheme where the character moves in the direction of the analogue stick.
- Fan-favorite Resident Evil characters – Rookie S.T.A.R.S. member Rebecca Chambers and wanted criminal Billy Coen combine skills and buddy up to survive the undead and infected nightmares that await them.
Check out the trailer below and see the game in action: