Despite a change in the name, Techland’s zombie survival simulator shares quite a bit in common with its predecessor. Both Dying Light and Dead Island are based upon the same engine, so the two share a great number of similarities right down to some of the same bugs and glitches. Just as easy as it was to perform in Dead Island, Dying Light features an easy way to duplicate your weapons if you ever find one you want to keep around for a few levels.
For starters, you’re going to need the Weapon Throw skill. This unlocks at Combat Level 4 and I purchased it around the time I was doing missions for Reis. Once you have that talent unlocked, follow these simple steps to freely duplicate your weapons in Dying Light.
- Open your inventory and select any item that has a number next to it. This includes medkits, throwing knives, just about anything that you can stack more than one of in your inventory
- Depending on your console, you’re going to press in both the Drop button as well as the button to exit the menu. On PS4, this was pushing in R3 and Circle simultaneously.
- If you did 2 correctly, you should leave the menu and return back to game but still have that drop quantity prompt on your screen. Wait until that window disappears.
- Take the weapon you want to duplicate and use your new Weapon Throw skill. Once it leaves your hands (and before it hits the ground), return back to the menu.
- Once back in the inventory menu, you should see that drop quantity prompt on your screen again. You’re going to want to navigate around behind that menu and select the same item that you just threw and push in R3 to drop it from your inventory.
- Pick up the weapon you dropped at your feet as well as the one you just threw, thus giving you an additional copy of that exact same weapon right down to the durability remaining