Following the somewhat rocky launch of Lords of the Fallen on PC, due to bugs and glitches, CI Games quickly released a patch addressing some of the major issues found like the V-Sync option and the NVIDIA Turbulence.
Find below the details of the newest patch released today:
We would like to announce that the ‘Nvidia turbulence’ and v-sync options are now available in the advanced in-game video settings with the latest update. Disabling these options will improve the game performance and avoid most of the stability issues.
In order to disable the Nvidia turbulence, please do the following:
1. Launch the game
2. Enter advanced settings in options menu
3. Select ‘Nvidia turbulence’
4. Switch the option to ‘disabled’
5. Apply changes
6. Restart the game
If you are having problems with the options not being saved after restarting the game, please try changing and applying the settings using a gamepad. We are aware of this issue and it is going to be patched ASAP.
There is also a temporary solution for users who cannot disable the Nvidia turbulence because of the in-game settings issue. Please do the following in order to disable the option manually (or instead change the in-game settings using a gamepad):
1. Open the game directory (right click on Lords of the Fallen in steam library, select properties, choose ‘local files’ tab, press ‘browse local files’)
2. Run with notepad file settings.ini
3. Find line ‘apex_gpu_support_enabled = true’
4. Change the value from ‘true’ to ‘false’ (so the line reads ‘apex_gpu_support_enabled = false)
5. Save the file
6. Open documents
7. Open Lords of the Fallen folder
8. Repeat steps 2-5
Lords of the Fallen is now available on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.