Blizzard has finally set the record straight and announced that the console version of the first expansion for Diablo 3, Reaper of Souls, will be available later this summer.
Titled Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition, Blizzard’s hit smash-and-loot RPG is slated to arrive on both last-gen (PS3/360) and current-gen (PS4/XBone). The updated edition not only comes bundled with the Reaper of Souls expansion from earlier this year but also the opportunity for players to transfer their PS3 characters up to the PS4 version; a similar program will also be in place for 360/XB1.
Pre-order customers for Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition will receive a voucher code for a pair of Infernal Pauldrons in-game that are “Wearable at level 1, these devilishly sharp transmogrifiable shoulderplates provide Health, Life regeneration, and Cooldown Reduction. The key for the Infernal Pauldrons will be available in launch day copies of the Ultimate Evil Edition (cannot be transferred across platforms).”
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition will be available on PS3/360 as well as PS4/XBone on August 19th. Blizzard has priced the last-gen versions at $39.99, current gen at $59.99.
- A revamp of the game’s loot system
- An expanded Paragon progression system for max-level characters
- Adventure Mode: A new game mode that gives players the freedom to go anywhere and slay anything
- Apprentice mode boosts low-level players’ power while adventuring with high-level friends, making it easier than ever to play together
- Players will also be able to share treasures with other players on their friends lists via an in-game mail system, including mysterious Player Gifts containing rare loot for the adventurer whose name they bear.
- Bounties: Randomized objectives that reward players in new ways for exploring Sanctuary
- Nephalem Rifts: Fully randomized dungeons offering endless replayability and heaps of loot
- Level Cap to 70: Formidable new spells and abilities that take players to new heights of power
- The Mystic: A powerful new artisan who provides heroes with loot-customization options