Paradox Interactive, have today unleashed War of The Vikings, their all-new skill-based multiplayer combat game, on to digital retail portals across the world in three variants.
Developed by Fatshark, War of The Vikings is the next generation of close-quarter combat games as players design and customize a personalized warrior and take them in to glorious battle online with other warriors from all over the world. Choose from the Standard Edition ($24.99), the Blood Eagle Edition ($34.99) or the mythic Valhalla Edition ($174.99) that includes the lifetime Viking pass where all future content released for the game is automatically unlocked, a digital art book, digital strategy guide, deluxe soundtrack, and the brand new ‘Berserker King’ digital novel.
Five new maps are now also available across all three variants:
- Stronghold – a Viking Village under siege featuring ferocious combat inside, outside, under and on top of buildings with a multitude of tactical options.
- Tide – the Viking longboats have been stranded on a beach close to a large cave with a Saxon force nearby.
- Ice Floe – Vikings and Saxons go toe-to-toe on a desolate ice floe surrounded by freezing water and icebergs.
- Ravine – located in the middle of a dense forest stands a monstrous ravine responsible for sending many a brave warrior to Valhalla!
- Ruins – Tense and close-quarters battles set in remote forest ruins.