Larian Studios proudly announced that their Steam Early Access title Divinity: Original Sin has just seen a massive update, shifting the game from alpha to beta. As you might expect, the update brings new skills, environments, tweaks and effectively doubles the amount of campaign gameplay readily available for both solo and co-op players. You can watch updated gameplay in the following trailer.
I won’t list out the 400+ improvements packed in this update (although you can find them all here), but I will highlight some of the big ones for you below.
- 28 exciting new talents, including such fun things like the Lone Wolf perk, which gives a player super abilities, but makes it impossible for him or her to hire companions.
- More than 60 new skills, allowing for a new brand of synergies, such as combining the Invisibility skill with Pickpocketing
- A new witchcraft skill tree that can be combined with other skills to deadly effect
- New areas to explore, new foes to fight, new items to find & new secrets to discover
- A brand new character creation screen with new presets such as the Shadowblade or the Wayfarer, and an enormous amount of customisation options.
- More environmental interactions – you can smash or burn doors, pickpocket characters & use staffs to electrify pools of water. Or how about burning wooden chests to get the loot inside?
- Improved AI, user interface, graphics, loading times, performance and stability mean playing Divinity: Original Sin has never been this smooth
- A truckload of new sound effects & music tracks
Divinity: Original Sin can be purchased on Steam for $39.99.