With the much awaited Galactic Starfigther becoming available starting today for free-to-play gamers, BioWare has revealed that there will be two more digital expansions that gamers can expect to hit sometime this year. According to the developer, the two expansions will be somewhat similar to the Galactic Starfighter and the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion.
Expect to see two digital expansions in 2014 just like you did last year, with one similar to Galactic Starfighter in scope and one more closely resembling Rise of the Hutt Cartel.
In addition to the promised two digital expansions, BioWare also laid out the game updates that will be released until June. Here are their plans:
- February 4th: Game Update 2.6 – Galactic Starfighter Digital Expansion, Free-to-Play Launch
- Galactic Starfighter is now available to Free-to-Play players
- SIX new Galactic Starfighter ships featuring a new ship role, the Bomber – tough support ships that deploy mines and drones on the battlefield. They can even place Hyperspace Beacons which function as mobile respawn points for their allies!
- This update also introduces Galactic Starfighter Detailed Scoreboards with loads of new post-match information about your battle performance
- Your personal Galactic Starfighter Battle Record with detailed lifetime battle stats, and the ability to link each stat to chat
- Kuat Drive Yards is a vital starship construction site that is of interest to both factions, and forms the setting for a new modular type of flashpoint that contains different scenarios each time you play it. Kuat Drive Yards Tactical Flashpoint scales in difficulty with your level and is available to players starting at level 15
- March 14th – March 17th: Double XP weekend!
- April 8th: Game Update 2.7
- Two new Flashpoints on Tython and Korriban where the Empire and Republic confront each other directly, initiating a new storyline that will span updates across the entire year until its galaxy-shaking finale
- Nightmare Mode Dread Fortress Operation and a new tier of gear
- New Huttball Warzone on Quesh
- New Galactic Starfighter Battle Zone
- June 10th: Game Update 2.8
- Nightmare Mode Dread Palace Operation
- New ships and an entirely new Ship Role for Galactic Starfighter
- And much more… this is going to be the biggest update up to this point – we will reveal more once we are a bit closer to June