We just received news on Second Assault’s debut on all non-Xbox One platforms and DICE is already throwing more at us in the form of the first details on Battlefield 4‘s Naval Strike DLC. The new content will drop in “late March” for Premium members, meaning the rest should be able to join in on the ocean-based combat expansion during the first or second week of April. The map descriptions have us quite intrigued and you will be too after reading this excerpt:
Blow open a crashed passenger plane and capture fishing villages across the tropical Lost Islands. Drop a submarine on your foes as you infiltrate a naval base or rush between shipping docks and rocky islands on the massive Wave Breaker map. Wage war across stormy seas in the largest ocean stretch in a Battlefield map yet with Nansha Strike. Storm an abandoned cliff-side resort, or get lost in the breathtaking vistas in Operation Mortar.
That’s not all there is to be excited about. Naval Strike is bringing back Battlefield 2142’s Titan Mode under the title Carrier Assault. Read on to see what else awaits you in the newest DLC:
- 4 all-new multiplayer maps set in the South China Sea: Lost Islands, Nansha Strike, Wave Breaker & Operation Mortar
- 5 weapons all-new to Battlefield 4
- Introducing the amphibious hovercraft vehicle
- 2 additional gadgets:
- Carrier Assault game mode which is a re-imagining of the classic Battlefield 2142 Titan Mode
- 10 new assignments with unlocks for each
– 3GL (3 grenade launcher) attachment for the Assault class
– Anti-Heli Mine; an aircraft disabling projectile for the Engineer class
It won’t be too long before the first gameplay video drops and we have more details on the new weapons, so check back regularly.