Originally a holy place for the first Lalafell arrived in Eorzea, the twisting labyrinth of natural caverns which wind through this massive mesa were transformed by the Pugilists’ Guild into a series of training pits, animal pens, and holding cells to accommodate the ever-growing popularity of Ul’dah’s coliseum. After the Calamity, however, the location was abandoned – those remaining in the pens, left for dead. Not all of them, however met that fate and now the tunnels are rife with those who survived…as well as the tormented spirits of those who did not.
Level: Level 17 (Sync from Level 19)
– The dungeon Halatali is not part of the main story dungeon and you must unlock it in order for it to be available on the Duty Finder. If you are at least level 17, you can unlock the dungeon by going to the Vesper Bay and talk to Nedrick Ironheart.
– As you explore the dungeon, you will come across the Gas Bombs. Please take note that this enemy can wipe out an entire group if left unattended. Think of this enemy as a ticking time bomb since it will self destruct any moment the group aggo’d them.
– Deep within the dungeon, you will see an item that you can interact with called Chain Winch. What you get from this will either be a mob of Lightning Sprite or a treasure coffer that can contain useful gear for the group.
– Before heading to the chamber where the main boss lurks, don’t forget to take down Peiste. Those who want to open another treasure coffer, it’s imperative that the group takes down this sub-boss. Don’t worry, taking this one down is a piece of cake.
Firemane – Mini Boss
– The Firemane is the first mini-boss that you will get to fight in this dungeon. As the name implies, watch out for fire-based moves from this boss.
– As the Fireman’s HP drops to below 75%, the boss will bring out a set of adds called Damantus. The adds that the boss spawns will approach the fire pit in the middle. When the Damantus successfully reaches the big fire pit, it will cause a fire AOE damage to the entire group.
Thunderclap Guivre – Mini Boss
– The second mini-boss for this dungeon is called the Thunderclap Guivre. As the name implies, this boss will have thunder-based moves.
– You will see that the boss is in the middle of the water. Since the Guivre loves thunder-based attacks, expect the boss to take advantage of the water he’s on. Every once in a while, he will use the water to his advantage by casting thunder/electric current to deal AOE damage to anyone on top of them.
– Make sure when the boss casts an electric current in the water, get to the dry portion of the area and have the group kill them there. Please note that he will also spawn three Lightning Sprites to make the fight more challenging.
Tangata – Main Boss
– The main boss Tangata will somehow have the same mechanics as Firemane. Bear in mind that this boss will use fire-based moves.
– As Tangata gradually loses HP, he will cast lava on himself to become invulnerable. During this time, he will cast a Fire Sprite and the Damantus from the Firemane boss. If you let the Damantus reach Tangata, it will do an AOE damage that deals a decent amount of damage to the group.