Square Enix has uploaded a video where they had the chance to interview Tetsuya Nomura about Final Fantasy XV.
The interview is nearly one hour long and he talks about other things, however he does talk about some interesting new information about Final Fantasy XV. He talks more about the game’s combat system plus the next-gen graphics and more.
Final Fantasy XV will be released for the Xbox One and PS4.
Check out a summary of what he had to say below:
– As previously reported, discussions regarding renaming Versus XIII to Final Fantasy XV began early on, and the final decision was made a couple of years ago.
– There isn’t much of a turn-based style to the game, but there is a Command system as well. The game won’t be an “action-only” game. It needs to have the taste of Final Fantasy.
– Imagine what it would feel like if Final Fantasy were to become an action game.
– Noctis can battle by himself, but will be able to cooperate with other players/characters. The teamplay will also be connected to the game’s story. (Note: Whether this refers to multiplayer or AI-controlled team players is unknown, although Nomura has mentioned the possibility of multiplayer)
– Noctis can’t actually defy gravity as it may seem to appear in the trailer; he can teleport himself into the air. The idea is to create a balance between realism and fantastical game actions.
– Final Fantasy XV is being created at a quality higher than next-gen consoles are capable of, and the game is being ported down to consoles capable of running DirectX 11. Nomura specifically says that Square Enix will consider releasing the game for other hardware capable of running DirectX 11 as well. We’re going to assume that a PC release for FFXV is a very serious possibility.