Square Enix producer Yoshinori Kitase has now shared more information on both Final Fantasy X HD and Final Fantasy X-2 HD during a recent interview.
Here’s what Kitase revealed:
– Square Enix hopes to have it ready for this year
– Nearing the final stage of development, so it’s hard to set a concrete release date
– Square Enix went through a lot of trial and error after making the announcement back in September 2011
– Needed to meet expectations of new and old fans
– Square Enix exploring the possibility of including the Last Mission
– This is Square Enix’s first major Vita title
– Kitase feels that the Vita and its fine screen is a great match for an HD remake and has been impressed by the device
– In regards to any touch panel and other features, he couldn’t say much for now, but feels that it would be a waste not to utilize these features
It’s good to know the re-releases are on track to be available by the end of this year. Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 HD will be bundled as one disc on the PS3 and sold separately on the PS Vita.