As we reported last week, Borderlands 2’s next campaign DLC is titled Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt and now multiple sources across the web have dug up the content’s first details. MikeTheInfidel, the one responsible for detailing the Campaign of Carnage DLC before its release, uncovered a ton of information about Sir Hammerlock’s DLC and shared it via Reddit.
All of his shared knowledge has been placed below for your viewing pleasure:
Danger! Excitement! Mustaches! It’s time for another episode of Vault Hunter Adventures, featuring Sir Hammerlock! In this week’s tale, our hard-boiled heroes travel to the savage continent of Aegrus! Their goal? To uncover the most exotic creatures Pandora has to offer, and give ’em the old one-two!
- One new head and one new skin for each class
- A new vehicle – the fanboat (summoned from a Catch-A-Boat station), with 68 of its own skins and corrosive, incendiary, and shock weapon mods
- Currently 12 side missions and 5 longer main story missions
- A new raid boss (“Imagine, if you will, a Stalker the size of a small building. Now imagine yourself killing it.”)
- More new Seraph items
- New kinds of enemies, like the borok and the scaylion
- Lots of monster-tracking side missions assigned by Sir Hammerlock
- A new swamp/jungle continent named Aegrus
- A self-important but not-so-well-known new enemy who is “super-pumped we’re archenemies now”, and who leads a tribe of jungle savages and has an evil plan that might actually work
- A new treasure room brimming with goodies… but with a time limit
- Claptrap. Always Claptrap. (“Those savages briefly distracted me from the crushing loneliness of my existence!”)
That’s a chunk of information and while you may have to sit and wonder what Aegrus looks like, we now know exactly what to expect from the new customization options (heads and skins) for each Vault Hunter thanks to leaked screenshots. Check them out below.
Personally, I’d have to give Axton the top pick for this round simply due to his head’s nod to Jurassic Park. Which one do you find most appealing? Be sure to leave us a comment and let us know!