It seems this week has held a couple surprises for Borderlands 2. First, Gaige the Mechromancer was bumped up a week and released Tuesday instead of next week. Now, Gearbox has revealed that the Mecrhomancer’s old release date isn’t going to stay empty.
This upcoming Tuesday, October 16th, Borderlands 2 will receive the Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty DLC, the first campaign add-on. Below you can find the information that was leaked yesterday regarding the contents of this DLC:
- A “Seraph Crystal Vendor” who “sells top level gear but only accepts Seraph Crystals in payment. Earn more Seraph Crystals by slaying Seraph Guardians.”
- A new boss farming lockout of some sort, that will disallow players from killing certain bosses more than once a day.
- New raid bosses such as Hyperius and Master Gee the Invincible.
- New character heads on the Pirate theme
- A new rarity level, similar to how Pearlescent guns were added to Borderlands via DLC later in the game’s life span. Believed to be classified as “Seraph” and have a light pink color classification text.
- A new vehicle known as “Hovercraft” (pictured below).
- A new area named “Oasis”.
- Three new trophies/achievements:
- Gadabout: Discover all named locations in Oasis and the surrounding Pirate’s booty areas. (Bronze)
- Completionist: Complete all Pirate’s booty side missions (Silver)
- Treasure Hunter: Complete the mission “X Marks the spot” (Gold)
There’s a ton packed into this minicampaign, so whether you’re looking for new guns or new enemies to shoot with those guns, it’s got you covered. Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty will cost $9.99/800 MS Points unless you have the Season Pass, in which case you’ve already paid the admission fee.