In addition to Mercury Steam’s Lords of Shadows 2 announcement last week, the company is releasing a portable title that will have some sort of connection to the game’s story. Mirror of Fate is a Nintendo 3DS portable title that takes place 25 years after the events of the first game.
In Mirror of Fate, the game will reveal the story of Gabriel’s descendants, as they battle their own destiny in each era only to discover their true and shocking fate. Trevor & Simon Belmont are among the two characters that will be playable in this upcoming sequel of the first game.
Here are some of the highlighted features that you can expect from Mirror of Fate:
– Discover the history of your bloodline – Play as multiple characters throughout history, as you battle your ancestor Dracula, each time learning more about your history and why the Belmont clan must atone for the sins of their forebear. Dare you tempt fate?
– Choose your character – Multiple characters to enjoy, each with unique abilities and skills across different eras. Take control of the legendary Trevor and Simon Belmont and more, as you battle Dracula and his evil minions.
– Share new abilities through your lineage – Pass onto your descendants your newfound abilities in each era and discover the true destiny of the Belmont’s. Featuring a huge array of combo’s and a deep strategic combat system, this Castlevania is an exciting action game with tons of depth.
– Battle massive bosses – Experience titan fights in full 3D, climb, traverse and overcome huge bosses. Use your secondary weapons and magical abilities to take down these awesome foes.
– Features unrivaled Nintendo 3DS Visuals – Experience super high resolution and detailed 3D polygon graphics with side scrolling areas and full 3D sections combined.
– Utilize Focus & Magic – Use magic to turn the tide of battle! Kill enemies to gain experience and buy new combos and abilities using your travel book. Play well and you will be rewarded.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Mirror of Fate is scheduled for release this Fall 2012, exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS.